Experience matters and we’ve encountered every possible scenario in the real estate industry. If there’s a problem, we can solve it.
Home Buying Tips
1) Get pre-approved for a loan. It’s important to know, from a lender, what you can comfortably afford to spend on a home
2) Make a list with your partner on your needs and wants in a home. Consider location, proximity to transportation, school districts, walkability.
3) Think long term for the size and location of your home and consider resale value.
4) Determine your preferred move date.
5) Be open to suggestions from your real estate expert- we have your best interests in mind at all times.
What to expect
We’ll sit down together to talk about what you’re looking for in a home. We’ll map out your wants, such as number of bedrooms, ideal location, style of home (modern, loft, vintage, classic, etc). We’ll discuss your long term plans and whether you’d like a fixer-upper or a move-in ready home.
Next, we’ll select several homes to tour and we’ll educate you on any potential costs, repairs, and neighborhood details we may encounter. We’ll help guide you in selecting a home that fits your wants and needs while being a great investment.
Lastly, we’ll give you our expert advice on how to best make a winning offer.
What are the steps involved in the buying process?
- Choose an agent. A buyer’s representative, works exclusively for you – not for the seller – walking you through every step of the home-buying process.
- Evaluate owning your own home versus renting. Is purchasing a home the right decision for you?
- Establish your price range. Calculate what monthly payments you can afford in relation to your net worth and the amount you can put toward the down payment.
- Find a lender and get a loan. Compare various lenders before choosing one. Also, decide which mortgage is suitable for you.
- Search for your home. Visit properties that appeal to your search criteria.
- Draw up a purchase offer. Your agent will present the offer and handle any negotiations necessary until both parties accept the terms of the contract.
- Have an attorney review the contract and the home inspected by a licensed professional. Get a property appraisal and review the various home warranty policies available.
- Prepare for the closing date. Get funds together for the closing costs, secure the new home title and homeowner’s insurance, and complete a final walk-through.
- Time to move in. Choose a moving company. Fill out a change-of-address form. Discontinue various services to your old residence and alert local service providers of the new address.